History Repeating Itself
History Repeating Itself
The previous year, I had been grateful to God, but not in the way I truly ought to have been, because of the clothes I wore, please don't get me wrong "nothing can separate us from the love of Christ"(Romans 8:39). Yet that first Sunday of the year, something within me felt unsettled. It wasn’t rebellion, I had really wanted us to dress like a family. It was a quiet nudge in my spirit ,be more intentional.
So this time, I spoke up.
I asked him to do the needful early , to give the designer enough time. He listened. And when the outfit was ready, it was beautiful. But more than the outfit, what stayed with me was this simple truth: intentionality changes outcomes.
That moment opened my eyes.
Year in, year out, we all make plans.
We dream.
We hope.
We say, “This year will be different.”
I am guilty too. There are things I planned to do, projects I started with excitement, only to abandon them halfway and years later, it's still like that ,repeating the same cycle again and again.
Often, what changes is the calendar, not the approach.
You can return to the neighbourhood you grew up in and still find hardworking people doing the same things, at the same level, with no growth, not because they are lazy, but because growth requires more than effort. It requires awareness, courage, and movement.
Hard work alone does not guarantee progress.
Consistency alone does not guarantee expansion.
Good intentions alone do not change outcomes.
Sometimes, stagnation is not about sin.
It is about delay.
About fear of starting again.
About staying too long in what feels familiar.
About waiting for the “perfect time” that never comes.
God never designed us to live on pause.
He calls us forward, step by step, season by season.
Scripture reminds us that we are changed “from glory to glory” (2 Corinthians 3:18), not by accident, but by intentionally walking with Him.
This is why a new year should not only bring new plans, but a renewed mind.
Better thinking.
Better timing.
Better obedience.
And a deeper sensitivity to God’s leading.
From good intentions alone, nothing truly changes.
Good intentions without obedience remain thoughts.
Good intentions without courage stay trapped in fear.
Good intentions without movement slowly turn into regret.
Sometimes growth requires changing your environment.
Sometimes it requires learning again.
Sometimes it means letting go of comfort.
And sometimes it means being bold enough to try, even when you are afraid.
Most times, it simply means walking with God deliberately ,not rushing ahead of Him, and not dragging your feet behind Him.
Because when God is involved, growth is not forced.
It is sustained.
It is guided.
It is peaceful, even when it stretches you.
This is not condemnation.
It is compassion.
It is a reminder, to me first, and to anyone who needs it, that history does not have to repeat itself.
With God, intentional steps, no matter how small, can lead to lasting change.
✍๐ฝ Written by Maria Jacobs
Christian writer & faith blogger
๐ฟ mariajacobsfaith.blogspot.com
#FaithInChrist #ChristianLiving #IntentionalLiving #GrowthWithGod #DevotionalThoughts #MariaJacobsFaith #WalkWithGod #NewYearNewYou #ChristianMotivation #FaithJourney #GodsGuidance #StayIntentional
Awesome write up love it and know this you must out all in GOD hands when GOD leads there won't be history repeating it's self because you will blossoms and renewing your plans on daily basis because GOD LEADS YOUR PLAN awesome love this
ReplyDeleteWow! This is actually a very good read. Thank you for the reminder๐
ReplyDelete