Was It Coincidence… or Grace?

Was It Coincidence… or Grace?

There are moments in life that quietly interrupt our routines,  moments that do not come with loud announcements or dramatic signs, yet leave a lasting imprint on the heart.
 They are not immediately labeled as miracles. They don’t feel extraordinary in the moment. But long after they pass, they return to us as questions we cannot ignore.
Moments that make you pause and wonder.
Moments that ask gently, Was that coincidence… or grace?

One morning, I was on my way to work and boarded a bus as usual. Nothing felt unusual. My thoughts were ordinary, my movements familiar. There was no sense of danger, no spiritual alert, no internal warning. Then suddenly , without deep thought or urgency, 
 I remembered I needed to get some drugs. It wasn’t planned. It wasn’t something I had been thinking about earlier.
I simply stood up and alighted at a bus stop just before my usual stop. I got what I needed and decided to trek home since it wasn’t far.
My mind was completely off everything.
No fear.
No anxiety.
No sense of urgency.
As I walked, I noticed a crowd gathered ahead. At first, I didn’t think much of it. But as I drew closer, my heart skipped. There was chaos. A bus accident. Passengers unconscious. People crying, shouting, trying to help.
Then it struck me.
It was the same bus I had just stepped out of.

📖 Psalm 34:7
“The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and delivers them.”

In that moment, I realized something profound: deliverance does not always come with awareness. Sometimes, God removes you quietly before danger announces itself. Sometimes, He rescues you without explaining Himself.

Another time, my kid sister and I were sitting at a particular place, relaxed and unaware. Barely two minutes later, we stood up and moved. There was no reason , no discussion, no urgency. Almost immediately, a bike lost control and crashed exactly where we had been sitting.

📖 Isaiah 54:17
“No weapon formed against you shall prosper.”
Then there was the moment that truly shifted my understanding of grace.

I attended an occasion where the lights were off. We sat comfortably in a corridor, unaware of anything unusual. Nothing felt wrong. Nothing caught our attention. Later, someone turned on a torchlight , and there it was.
A scorpion.
Right where we had been sitting all along.
What shook me wasn’t just its presence.
It was the timing.

Why didn’t we see it before?

Why did we notice it only later?

Why were we untouched?

📖 Psalm 91:11
“For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.”

That was the moment I stopped calling these experiences luck.

Grace doesn’t always announce itself. Sometimes it redirects you quietly. Sometimes it delays you gently. Sometimes it closes your eyes until danger has passed and opens them only when you are safe.

📖 Proverbs 16:9
“A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”

I began to understand that many of God’s interventions happen beneath our awareness. He saves us not only from what we pray about, but also from what we never knew was coming. His goodness operates even when our minds are distracted, our hearts are calm, and our faith is not actively engaged.

Grace often looks ordinary until you look back.
And when I reflect on redirection, delays, and these quiet rescues, I see a pattern. God’s goodness is not limited to the moments we recognize as blessings. It is present in the things that didn’t happen, the accidents we avoided, the places we didn’t remain, and the paths we unknowingly missed.

📖 Romans 8:28
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

Not some things.
Not only the pleasant things.
But all things.
The delay that confused you.
The redirection you didn’t understand.
The danger you never saw.
Grace is not always dramatic. Sometimes it is subtle, protective, and deeply intentional. And when you finally see it, you realize, 

God was present.

God was guiding.

God was guarding. 

Even when you didn’t know it.


✍🏽 Written by Maria Jacobs
Christian Writer & Faith Blogger
🌿  https://mariajacobsfaith.blogspot.com

#TheGoodnessOfGod

#GraceNotLuck

#DivineProtection

#FaithInTheUnseen

#ChristianReflection

#GodsHiddenMercy

#FaithJourney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloom where you are planted

What are you grateful for

History Repeating Itself