The Goodness Of God In The Rejection

The Goodness of God in Rejection 

All Things Are Working for Good

Dear Reader,

For a long time, I believed that the goodness of God was only visible in acceptance—in open doors, answered prayers, applause, and clear yeses. I thought God’s goodness looked like things working out smoothly, like being chosen, understood, celebrated, and affirmed by people. In my mind, favor meant ease, and blessing meant approval.

But life has a way of teaching us deeper truths , truths that cannot be learned in comfort.

I have learned that the goodness of God is also found in rejection.

Rejection has a way of shaking the foundations of our faith. It makes us question everything, our worth, our calling, our prayers, even our ability to hear God clearly. Sometimes it comes quietly, through silence and neglect. Other times, it comes loudly, through disappointment and painful no’s. Either way, it leaves wounds, confusion, and unanswered questions.

It can feel like abandonment.

It can feel like God has stepped back or gone silent.

But the truth is this: God’s goodness does not disappear when doors close.

Often, it is working most intentionally in those very moments.

While listening to Dr Sam Ekundayo, I came to a deeper realization: rejection is not always a sign of God’s absence ,it is often evidence of His involvement.

There were seasons when I was overlooked, misunderstood, and dismissed. Times when I gave my best, showed up fully, and still wasn’t chosen. At first, I internalized the rejection. I questioned myself relentlessly, What did I lack? What did I do wrong? What more could I have done?

But with time, prayer, and reflection, God began to gently shift my perspective.

What I saw as rejection was often protection.

God was preserving me from places I was never meant to stay.

From relationships that could not steward my heart.

From opportunities that looked good on the outside but were not aligned with His purpose for my life.

Rejection, painful as it was, became a refining filter, removing what could harm me and strengthening what God was building within me.

📖 Romans 8:28

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”

All things.

Not just the good days.

Not just the answered prayers.

Not just the applause and recognition.

But also:

The rejection.

The delays.

The closed doors.

The silence.

The tears we cried alone.

God’s goodness is not limited to comfort. Sometimes it comes as correction. Sometimes it looks like redirection. And sometimes, it feels like loss before it reveals itself as gain.

Rejection taught me humility.

It taught me patience.

It taught me to anchor my identity in God rather than in people’s approval.

It stripped away my need to be validated by human applause and gently led me back to the unshakable truth: I am accepted by God, and that is enough.

There is a quiet maturity that grows in seasons of rejection. You learn to listen more closely for God’s voice instead of the noise around you. You learn to trust His timing even when it doesn’t make sense. You learn that being delayed does not mean being denied , it often means being prepared.

The goodness of God in rejection is subtle.

It doesn’t announce itself immediately.

It unfolds slowly , through healing, clarity, and eventually understanding.

One day, you look back and realize that what didn’t work out actually saved you. What you begged for could have broken you. And what you lost was never meant to last.

So if you are in a season where doors are closing…

Where people are walking away…

Where opportunities seem to slip through your fingers…

Do not despair.

God is not against you.

He is for you.

His goodness is still at work , even here.

What you thought was rejection may be divine alignment in disguise.

And in time, you will see it clearly:

All things , every single one , are truly working for your good.                                  


              written by Maria Jacobs

         Christian writer & faith blogger

🌿 https://mariajacobsfaith.blogspot.com


#TheGoodnessOfGod

#FaithThroughRejection

#AllThingsWorkTogether

#GodIsStillGood

#FaithJourney

#TrustGodsProcess

#DivineAlignment

#ChristianReflection

#HopeInGod

#SpiritualGrowth

Comments

  1. Am blessed.Rejection gives room for persistent work to arrive at one's destination

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bloom where you are planted

What are you grateful for

History Repeating Itself