Faithful Hunger
Faithful Hunger
I remember a season in my life when I was utterly confused about what to do. The struggles stretched on, compounded by debts and loans that seemed impossible to repay.
Yet, through it all, I never left God’s service. Honestly, I didn’t know why I continued amidst such sacrifice. Was it my upbringing? Was it hunger? Or perhaps a genuine passion for the things of God?
One day, an opportunity arose in the children’s department at church. A decoration project needed to be done, but I didn’t even have a single naira to contribute. Yet craft had always been my passion. I stepped out in faith and asked if I could handle the project, "if someone could provide the materials, I would do it freely".
To my surprise, I was given some money. I went to a local market , got the materials, and poured my heart into the work.
There is something about joy and passion that cannot be faked. I worked wholeheartedly, and the decorations turned out beautifully. People admired the work, and one even said, “You should teach this in schools; so many schools need craft teachers.”
At that moment, I realized : God often turns faithful service, even in sacrifice, into new doors of opportunity. Instead of staying stagnant, I submitted my CV to five different schools and was approved. I worked for a few months , not only paying back my loans, but also discovering fresh ideas, new connections, and more opportunities.
📖 Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
It was my hunger for God and His work that kept me faithful, even when provision seemed impossible. Through obedience and faith, He multiplied my efforts beyond what I could have imagined.
This story is a reminder to anyone who feels weary or burdened: your sacrifice and hunger for God are never in vain.
📖 Galatians 6:9
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."
No matter how hard the season, no matter how small the resources, keep serving. Keep trusting. Keep pursuing what God has placed in your heart. You may not see the full picture yet, but He is at work, turning your faithfulness into joy, provision, and new opportunities.
Sometimes, God’s blessings come in ways we cannot plan, they come through our passion, and our willingness to act, even in the smallest of opportunities. Keep going, because your hunger for Him is never wasted.
✍🏽 Written by Maria Jacobs
Christian writer & faith blogger
🌿 Read full article on my blog
#FaithJourney #ChristianLiving #ObedienceToGod #HungerForGod #GodProvides #MariaJacobsFaith #DevotionalThoughts #ChristianMotivation #TrustGod #BlessedAndFaithful
Comments
Post a Comment